Vapor Sealed Wraps
Vapor Sealed Valve Wraps offer a more airtight seal than Velcro alone and can be used in low temperature & high humidity environments lig.
The Vapor Sealed Valve Wraps came about when a few customers asked for a more airtight seal than they were getting from the Velcro alone. Although it has not been a problem, except at lower temperatures and high humidity where we have historically suggested adding duct tape, we are always working to improve the No Sweat product line. Vapor Sealed Valve Wraps should be used where the ambient Temperature is higher than the pipe temperature. Vapor Seal Valve Wraps are available in all standard sizes in the “B” length.
No More Call Backs!
NOSWEAT™ reusable valve covers provide worry-free performance.
Standard Removable/Reusable Insulation Valve Wraps
TERMS OF SALE
All sales are in U.S. Dollars. All NOSWEAT™ Reusable Valve Wrap products are sold subject to the NOSWEAT™ Limited Warranty and Limitation of Remedy that is stated in print on the NOSWEAT™ submittal sheets, and reiterated above under the Warranty tab.
RETURNS - There is a 25% restocking charge on all NOSWEAT™ approved returns. No Return Authorizations will be granted on special ordered material or slow moving product sizes.
No Sweat Valve Wraps, LLC reserves the option to refuse business from any accounts that experience payment difficulties.
No Sweat Valve Wraps, LLC, accepts all major credit cards.
Quantities less than 10 will incur a $9.95 handling fee charged against the price listed.
(†) Orders for more than 1000 — call for quote.
Prices do not include UPS ground delivery
- All valves, strainers, autoflow valves, circuit setters, ball valves, balancing valves and combination valves, etc., in chilled water and heating hot water systems, shall be insulated with a factory fabricated removable and reusable cover.
- Insulation shall have a minimum k- factor .26, using fiberglass blanket. Flame and smoke spread shall be 25/50 per ASTM E-84.
- Outer jacket shall be made of material equal to DuPont Tychem® QC, overlapping and completely covering the insulation with seams joined by tabs made from hook and loop fasteners (Velcro). Butt ends shall have sewn- in-place elastic.
- Outer jacket shall overlap adjoining sections of pipe insulation.
- Installation shall not require the use of any special hand tools.
- Manufacturers: No Sweat Valve Wraps, LLC, or approved equal.
Qualifications for use
For fittings where operating temperature is below 45°F (7°C), or where the pipe insulation is greater than 1.5" (38mm), two or more layers of the insulation inserts are required beneath the NOSWEAT™ valve cover surface. NOSWEAT™ also recommends using PVC tape, on elastic ends and the seam, when operating temperatures will be below 45 degrees.
- Tychem QC should be limited and kept below 200°F (93°C) by use of proper insulation thickness.
- Tychem QC should be kept away from contact with, or exposure to, sources of direct or radiated heat.
- For fittings where operating temperatures exceed 250°F (121°C), or where pipe insulation is greater than 1.5" (38mm), two or more layers of the insulation inserts are required beneath the NOSWEAT™ valve cover surface.
|Tychem® QC:||Up to 200°F (93°C)|
|Insert:||0°F to 450°F (-18°C to +232°C)|
|Flame Spread:||< 25 (per ASTM E 84)|
|Smoke Developed:||< 50 (per ASTM E 84)|
|Total Basis Weight
|Water Vapor Transmission (WVT)
ASTM E 96
|0.01 Perms at 37.8C / 100F - RH / 100%|
|Breaking Strength Grab (md/cd)
|Tearing Strength Trapezoid (md/cd)
|General Properties of the NOSWEAT™ Reusable Valve Wrap when Used over a Properly Installed Fiberglass Insulation Insert|
|Temperature limits:||0°F to 450°F (-18°C to +232°C)|
|Sanitary/Odorless:||Will not absorb odors. Provides no food for insects, rodents, or mildew. Resistant to fungi and bacteria. Does not promote growth.|
|UV Resistant:||Use indoors or outdoors.|
|Excellent Appearance:||Bright high gloss white coloring adds a distinct quality appearance to the system.|
|Long Lasting:||Can be used and re-used once applied.|
|Vibration Resistant:||Will not settle or separate.|
|Fire Safety:||DuPont Tychem® QC fabric is rated as "Class 1: Normal Flammability" no unusual burning characteristics. The NOSWEAT™ removable valve wrap fiberglass insulation inserts have a UL 25/50 rating and are non-combustible per ASTM E 136. Accepted for commercial, institutional, industrial, and residential projects in all parts of North America.|
|Mean Temperature||Mean Temperature (SI)||k||k (SI)|
About Tychem QC
- Durable Tyvek substrate coated with polyethylene
- Resists punctures and tears
- Remains flexible even in cold temperatures
- Impermeable to water
- Diameter of the insulated pipe
Length of valve, including handle in the ON position plus overlap. Allow for a 2" overlap on each end.
Example: valve with handle, 6" long + 2" + 2" = 10" long valve wrap
When ordering, use chart below for Side a, then choose desired length. Example: Pipe diameter 3/4" x 1" thick insulation x 10" long use wrap #2b.
|Pipe Diameters||Pipe Insulation Thickness|
|#1b - 6"||#2b - 10"||#3b - 12"||#4b - 14"||#5b - 18"||#6b - 22"||#7b - 32"||#8b - 32"|
Limited Warranty and Limitation of Remedy
The physical and chemical properties of NOSWEAT™ insulated valve wraps represent typical, average values obtained in accordance with accepted test methods and are subject to normal manufacturing variations. They are supplied as a technical service and are subject to change without notice. Numerical flame spread and smoke developed ratings are not intended to reflect hazards presented by these or other materials under actual fire conditions. Check with a NOSWEAT™ technical representative at 1-800-416-4610 to assure current information. Purchaser will be responsible to determine stability of this product for purchaser's use. NOSWEAT™ liability will be limited to the purchase price of the material. No person is authorized to alter this without a NOSWEAT™ officer's written approval.